Could not find any upcoming assignments due.
4. List the valence electrons, electron clouds, family, reactivity, and whether an element is a metal, nonmetal, or metalloid with its accompanying characteristics using the periodic table.
Info from the guidance department: (please contact Ms. Sumlar or Ms. Mogy for any questions)
Schedule of Events
February 5th, 6th, 7th
• Students will receive course selection cards, four-year plans, and other
registration information during their math guidance class.
• Course selection cards and four-year plans must be signed and returned.
• The Academy will visit our 8th grade students during the school day to showcase
all that our students will be able to get involved in next year.
• Parents will be able to meet with the school counselor regarding course
selections during Parent Teacher Conference Night. Due to limited space,
parents must call or email to schedule an appointment for this night. If
appointments fill up, parents will be able to make appointments at a different
time. (Conferences are completely optional.)
February 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd.
• Students will have designated times to meet with the counselors and return
course selection forms and four-year plans. Parents and students must sign the
• Students will have appointment cards with designated time and date.
• Preview Night at the Academy from 5-7pm
Important Information about Honors Courses
If a student wishes to take an honors class, they must have a teacher recommendation.
In order to receive a teacher recommendation, students need to have a 90 or above in
the related class. Students are required to take the honors selection form to their
teacher to sign. Students will need recommendations for the following courses:
1. STEM 1 Honors (recommendation from Math or Science teacher)
2. LA Honors (LA teachers)
3. Algebra 1 Honors / Geometry Honors (Math teacher/Algebra 1 teacher)
4. Biology Honors (Physical Science teacher)
5. Art 1 honors (Art teacher)
6. Art II honors (Art teacher)
7. World History and Geography Honors (Social Studies teacher)
8. Facing History and Ourselves Honors (Social Studies teacher)-This class falls under
Humanities and Liberal Arts Focus Path
9. French 1 Honors; German 1 Honors; Spanish 1 Honors (LA teacher)
10. Spanish 2 (Spanish 1 teacher)
C6H12Ca2 + 2Ca2 --> 6CaH2 + 6CO2 + energy
***Homework will be given nightly (except Monday) to help begin reviewing***
Critical Thinking – Law of Conservation of Mass
Zn + 2HCl --> ZnCl2 + ___H
How many Hydrogen (H) atoms must be present in the second product that
2Na + 2H2O --> 2NaOH + H2
If 2 grams of hydrogen gas (H2) is produced by this reaction, what is the
mass of sodium hydroxide (NaOH) produced?
C6H12O6 + 6O2 --> 6H2O + 6CO2 + energy