Week 2 8/19-8/23
- What does it mean to annotate?
- Model / Review annotating expectations
- Start Article of the Week (AOW)
- HWK: complete AOW; summer reading project (due Wednesday); study for test
- 8thgrade parent meeting at 6 pm
- What is the R.A.C.E. writing method?
- Video / Notes about R.A.C.E.
- Read Common Lit (CL) as a class and practice the R.A.C.E. method on constructed responses
- HWK: complete CL; summer reading project (due Wednesday); study for test
Wednesday & Thursday
- Students will sign up for the summer reading test of choice.
- The Story of Prometheus Parts one / two (summary template); & Sentence Frames
- What we don’t finish Wednesday and Thursday, will be completed after the test Friday.
- HWK: STUDY!!
- Summer Reading Test
- Complete incomplete tasks from Wednesday and Thursday
The agenda will likely change if laptops are distributed this week.
*** 8th Grade Meeting 6:00 Monday 8/19
*** Yearbook Pictures Wednesday 8/21