Lesson Plans: September 2, 2019
Monday, September 2, 2019
Labor Day Holiday…No School
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
- Warm-up Chomp 6: Author’s symbolism in the poem, “I’m Nobody! Who Are you?
- Students will be taking a CFA, (Common Formative Assessment) on Common Lit., “Watch Out: Cell Phones Can Be Addictive” allowing me to know if my students are comprehending what they read and can they support their answers with pertinent textual evidence.
Wednesday, September 4, 2019
- Warm-up Chomp 7: Textual evidence, “The Bald Man and the Fly”
- Students will be completing the “AimsWeb assessment” to see where they place in their reading level. When they complete the short assessment they will be reading Chapter 2, Written in Bone, or the will be reading Blood on the Riverfor their read check tomorrow.
Thursday, September 5, 2019
- Warm-up Chomp 8: Main idea and word meaning, “Snowboarding” winter sport
- Blood on the River, Chapter 1-10 read check.
- Students will read Chapter 2 and 3 of Written in Bone, identify the main idea of each section and determine the central idea of the text and how the author develops that idea.
Friday, September 6, 2019
- Warm-up Chomp 9: Essay claims, “Should the legal driving age be lowered?”
- Students will continue to read Chapter 2 and 3 of Written in Bone, identify the main idea of each section and determine the central idea of the text and how the author develops that idea.