Lesson Plans: September 30, 2019
Monday, September 30, 2019
- Warm-up Chomp 26: Poetry: imagery; personification; figurative language
- Students will continue to analyze how setting and characters interact in a literary text, Blood on the River, Chapter 10.
Tuesday, October 1, 2019
- Warm-up Chomp 27: Text: personification; point of view; word meaning
- Students will read an excerpt from Chapter 9 of Written in Bone and respond to open-ended question in preparation for next week’s cold-read task for the end of this unit.
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
- Warm-up Chomp 28: Text: facts; word meaning; picking a title
- Students today will be shown how to break down a prompt and answer the prompt; we will practice in class.
Thursday, October 3, 2019
- Warm-up Chomp 29: Book Report: root word; source; website choice
- Students will complete the Written in Bone final unit Exam – Part A, multiple choice and open book.
Friday, October 4, 2019
- Warm-up Chomp 30: Grammar: fragmented sentence; prefix; context clues
- Students will continue to practice breaking down prompts and answering the prompt.